1 GENERAL INFORMATION
- The following persons may apply for the Police Certificate to the Okinawa Prefectural Police HQ.
- A resident of Okinawa Prefecture including non-Japanese. A former-resident residing in foreign country whose last registration place was Okinawa Prefecture in a case where he/she has been required to obtain the Certificate by a foreign official organization. However, a person other than the above mentioned, who needs the Certificate for a special reason, should contact us by phone in advance for a consultation. The applicant must come to the office to apply for the Certificate in person. (A person other than the applicant may not apply for the Certificate.)
２ WHERE TO APPLY (POINT OF CONTACT)
Identification Division, Criminal Investigation Department
Okinawa Prefectural Police HQ. (2nd floor)
1-2-2 Izumizaki, Naha City, Okinawa prefecture, 900-0021
Phone Number (098)-867-6007
３ OFFICE HOURS
9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. / 1p.m. to 6p.m. on weekdays (Monday through Friday)
Closed on Saturday, Sunday, National holidays, Holidays at the end and beginning of a year.
When a typhoon is approaching and the public transportation is stopped its operation because of issuance of a storm warning, our office will not conduct for application, reception and issuance of Criminal Record Certificate. Thank you for your understanding.
４ REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
For a person residing in Japan
- A valid passport, otherwise documents or materials similar to the passport issued by an official organization if the person has no passport.
※ However, those who travel abroad need to bring their own valid passport.
- An official copy of the Resident's Card (Jumin hyo), otherwise a Certificate of the Registered Matters of Resident's Card (Jumin hyo kisai jikou syoumeisyo), an official copy of the Alien Registration Card, or a Certificate of the Registered Matters of Alien Registration Card each issued within 6 months or materials showing the registered present address (ex. a Driver's License, a Basic Resident Registration Card, etc.).
- Documents showing the good reason requesting the Police Certificate. Documents showing the good reason requesting the Certificate by the requesting agency otherwise documents showing the necessity of the Certificate. For example, a visa application form, etc. showing the necessity of the Certificate.
* For SOFA status personnel
- A Military ID Card stipulated in the article 9-3 or 9-4 , SOFA
- Same as above mentioned in 1 and 3
- Utility bills, receipts or other things showing your street address, if you live off base
AGREEMENT UNDER ARTICLE VI OF THE TREATY OF MUTUAL COOPERATION AND SECURITY BETWEEN JAPAN AND THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, REGARDING FACILITIES AND AREAS AND THE STATUS OF UNITED STATES ARMED FORCES IN JAPAN
For a person residing in countries other than Japan
- Same as above mentioned 1 and 3 of "For a person residing in Japan".
- An official copy of Family Register Slip or documents verifying the present address.
５ ISSUANCE OF THE CERTIFICATE
The Certificate will be issued to an applicant in person in 7 to 10 days from the application date.
The Certificate is unable to be mailed to the applicant.
If an applicant wishes someone else to receive the Certificate, he/she is required a power of attorney for the applicant. (A power of attorney form is available at the office)
６ SERVICE FEE
An applicant residing overseas may apply the Certificate to the Japanese Embassy or Consulate in the country.
An applicant who has already applied overseas may not apply the Certificate over again.
PDFの閲覧にはAdobe社の無償のソフトウェア「Adobe Acrobat Reader」が必要です。下記のAdobe Acrobat Readerダウンロードページから入手してください。Adobe Acrobat Readerダウンロード